Dental Prosthetics are:
- the replacement of any missing tooth, or teeth, in the mouth by means of an artificial appliance or structure.
- the replacement or restoration of a broken or damaged tooth by means of an artificial structure.
- the cosmetic improvement to teeth by means of an artificial construction.
In essence, prosthetics can be classified as:
- Inlays and Onlays
Your Dental Surgeon will carry out a full and comprehensive examination of your mouth which will probably include:
- Full tooth charting.
- Periodontal Health.
- Bone loss and integrity.
- Cavity and Decay check.
- Intra- and extra-oral radiographs.
- Study models of your teeth.
- Possible wax mock up of the proposed restorations.
At the conclusion of all discussions the Dental Surgeon will formulate a treatment plan in accordance with your wishes and his recomendations and provide you with a cost estimate for the proposed treatment plan.